MINI S&E TUBE PLANT
The new mini tube rolling plant TRP 70-270 designed and manufactured by "EZTM" JSC is a mobile and efficient plant intended for production of high-quality tubes and billets of various dimensions from different carbon and alloy steel grades as well as alloys including titanium one by simple and advantageous method. Investment xpenditures are considerably low. The plant output is from 30 000 to 100 000 ton per year according to tubes dimensions and work schedule. For example, the plant can be equipped with a sizing block allowing to roll precision tubes. Besides, the straightening-sizing mill can be modified for production of billets intended for piercing from available stock of larger sizes.
Production process and its peculiarities
The production process is based on piercing of the billet followed by rolling-off of a shell in cone-type rolls of a 2-roll screw-rolling mill equipped with guards. Cone-type rolls drive is installed in the entering side of the mill (cup-shaped scheme). The short tapered mandrel involved in rolling-off process allows to increase controllability by changing its position in the deformation zone. That feature affects on the tube shape more efficiently than other methods.
The implemented technology and design of the plant allow to manufacture a mini-mill with the following advantages:
- market, region, branch, company needs satisfaction;
- high efficiency even when rolling small batches;
- wide range of sizes and material grades;
- high quality of product;
- completeness and low energy intensity;
- relatively low costs charged to capital investment and operating expenses;
- good tool life;
- high level of technological process automation;
- easy servicing and maintainability;
- mobility: short changeover;
- upgradability and product differentiation.